I recently purchased a new phone - from Asda Direct - the HTC Evo 3D - for the price, £207, it was a bargain - decent spec phone still to today's standard, it is coming up to a year old soon, but still dual core 1.2GHz processor, 1GB RAM, removable MicroSD and removable battery.
It is slightly better spec than the HTC Sensation (more RAM, better graphics)...
oh and it has 3D!
Anyhow, there seems to be a lot of fuss over getting s-off with it and I just wanted to detail the way I did it...
The following two threads are probably the most useful:
Check what hboot you have... I had 1.49.0018 - read the threads above - the process doesn't work with many versisons and also if it is SIM-free/unlocked handset (CID versions... mine was HTC__001)
The basics are:
1. You'll need to UNLOCK the bootloader (note: not s-off) using htcdev.com tools
2. Flash custom recovery using fastboot
3. Flash a pre-rooted rom (possibly flash a new boot.img)
4. Run the step1.exe tool (or copy over the mmcblk0p31 file to /system/dev/block)
5. Run the step2.exe tool to reflash a stock rom with lower hboot version
6. Run revolutionary.io tool to gain s-off